Terms & Conditions
1ST FIVES RUGBY Terms and Conditions
The following outlines the Terms and Conditions associated enrolling your child in 1st Fives Rugby. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. These Terms and Conditions are subject to change.
As the parent/guardian please note this form also acts as a Parent’s Consent Form and Media Release Form.
If you do not want your child’s photo published on the website or used in promotional material please email [email protected]
Part 1: Parental Consent to Playing 1ST FIVES RUGBY
- As parent/guardian of the enrolled child, I give permission for this child, to partake in the 1st Fives Rugby Program.
- I also warrant that I am the parent/guardian of said child.
- I acknowledge that I must be present at all times (or have a suitable replacement – e.g. Childcare Worker) whilst 1st Fives Rugby sessions are taking place.
Part 2: Acknowledgement of 1ST FIVES RUGBY Terms and Conditions
A: Code of Conduct
All parents (and their children) must refrain from:
- Swearing, foul, abusive or derogatory language which includes comments or actions;
- Verbal abuse including language, comments or words that threatens or denigrates a child, Coach/instructor or spectator on the basis of his/her religion, sexual orientation, disability, race, colour, national or ethnic origin;
- Talking back to or arguing with a Coach;
- Intentional physical contact not permitted by the rules or fighting with a child, coach, instructor, parent, spectator or 1st Fives Rugby representative;
Should a child, parent breach the Code of Conduct above, 1st Fives Rugby may take whatever action necessary including but not limited to: suspension of children, parents or guardians; escalating the matter to Police or appropriate law enforcement bodies.
B: Role of the Parent/Guardian
- Parents/guardians are responsible for their children and associated spectators’ conduct.
- The parent/guardian must make sure they have registered their child.
- The parent/guardian must be present at all Park Session Programs.
- The Childcare Centre will normally be responsible for the safety of the child whilst the child is attending the Childcare. This still applies when 1st Fives Rugby sessions are running at a Childcare Centre. It is up the parent/guardian to ensure this obligation is being met.
- All parents/guardians must assist 1st Fives Rugby representatives in identifying children, spectator or associated, that have breached the Code of Conduct.
- To be insured, a child must be registered.
- All parents are encouraged to seek medical advice for their children before playing to ensure they are fit and capable of participating in a 1st Fives Rugby Program.
- If your child suffers from an illness or disability of some sort, you must provide a formal Medical Certificate clearing your child as fit for play. The onus to obtain and then provide this Certificate rests with the parent/guardian. The Certificate can be mailed to Head Office: 38 PROMENADE CIRCUIT HOPE ISLAND QLD 4212 or scanned and emailed to [email protected]
- All registered children agree to be covered by the Sports Personal Accident Insurance Policy as arranged by 1st Fives Rugby.
- For a child (parent/guardian) to make an insurance claim, they must report the incident to the coach on the day/night of the injury. A failure to do so voids a child’s right to claim through the 1st Fives Rugby Insurance Policy.
D: Disclaimer & Acknowledgements
- In consideration of 1st Fives Rugby allowing my child, once they are a registered child, to participate in the 1st Fives Rugby Program and events run by 1st Fives Rugby, I agree to release 1st Fives Rugby from all liability for any claim or demand or damage or personal injury or illness sustained by my child (a) arising from or in respect of my participation in any game or other activity (1st Fives Rugby related or otherwise) arranged by or on behalf of 1st Fives Rugby, whether or not the injury is caused by 1st Fives Rugby or any other person; and (b) whether or not the damage, personal injury or illness arises from the negligence or breach of any statutory duty of 1st Fives Rugby or any other individual.
- I acknowledge that: (a) in the conduct of the 1st Fives Rugby Program or other activity, some physical contact will occur between my child and other individuals involved in the Program; and (b) I consent to that contact being made; and (c) I will not hold 1st Fives Rugby or any other 1st Fives Rugby Representative responsible for any injury or illness my child may suffer in respect of that contact.
Part 3: Media Release Form – I Consent To My Child’s Image/Photo Being Used
- 1st Fives Rugby and/or its agents respectfully request to be able to make use of pictures/videos/images of your child whether that be on the website, Facebook or other related mediums. Images may be used in both administrative material (reports, updates etc) or promotional material (e.g. flyers, online adverts etc).
- 1st Fives Rugby will not remunerate the child/parent or make any payments for the use of these images – royalties or otherwise.
- 1st Fives Rugby will retain copyright in all images and videos produce in the course of running 1st Fives Rugby related competitions or activity.
Part 4: Medical Details Pertaining To Illness/Condition
- I acknowledge it is my responsibility to bring to the attention of 1st Fives Rugby, any illness or condition my child has or may have.
- I accept that as the parent/guardian that I need to be present during the entire Program and take full responsibility for health and wellbeing of my child during each session OR have an appropriate Proxy instead such as a Childcare worker.
- I accept that I am responsible for the administration of any medication, treatment to my child during the Program or have an appropriate Proxy instead to administer such treatment such as a Childcare worker.
- I accept that it is my responsibility to inform 1st Fives Rugby of the type and nature of the illness my child may or does have BUT acknowledge that conveying this information does not make 1st Fives Rugby responsible in any way shape or form for looking after my child.
The child is the parent/guardian’s responsibility who may themselves outsource this responsibility to the Childcare Centre. We will use the information provided to us in relation to any illness or condition as a guide to helping facilitate any treatment a child may need but 1st Fives Rugby takes no responsibility for administering any treatment, medicines or providing medical advice. The child must be under the supervision of the parent/guardian at all times.
Part 5: Payments Policy
- Payments are taken via Direct Debit – provider, EziDebit. The amount and frequency of the Direct Debit is subject to change. Any proposed change in this arrangement will be communicated to the paying member via email and in advance of this change taking place.
- Membership can be cancelled at anytime. However to ensure you are not charged for any sessions your child does not attend you must provide written notice (via email) of your intention to cancel at least 5 calendar days before your child’s next class. For example, if your child participates in a class on Friday mornings, you must notify 1st Fives Rugby Management by Saturday (the previous week) at the latest in order for the next direct debit not to be charged. If notice is provided later than this, the cancellation will take place the following week.
- Dishonour Fees: For any failed payment, there is a dishonour fee of $11.95. This fee is automatically added to your next payment.
- Missed Sessions: If written notice is provided within 24 hours of this missed session, you will be provided with a lesson credit (equal to one Session). This credit can be used upon the expiry/cancellation of your membership.
To use the credit/s, please contact your Regional Administrator upon the expiration of your membership. Note: Credits cannot be exchanged for refunds. 1st Fives Rugby will keep an accurate log of credits but requires parents/guardians to provide notice in writing within 24 hours of the missed session, to trigger the creation of the credit.
- Wet Weather: If a session is missed due to wet weather, the 40 minutes missed will be made up over the following two weeks (with each of the two sessions following the cancelled session, being 60 minutes in length). Any changes to start times will be communicated to parents/guardians.
- Balls/Apparel/Equipment/Membership Packs: If you pay for any of these items in addition to your weekly membership, no refunds will be afforded unless goods are faulty.
- 1st Fives Rugby will in certain circumstances, need to involve a Debt Collection Agency if fees owed are not appropriately settled. 1st Fives Rugby will forward on the cost of using the Debt Collection Agency to the debtor (currently 25% of the total debt).
- Chasing payments requires significant time and resourcing. If 1st Fives Rugby is forced to involve a Debt Collection Agency to recoup fees, an additional administration charge of $30 (to partly cover the time required to rectify) will be added to the outstanding debt.